Friday, April 01, 2011

Sad for Callie

Callie had been asking for many, many days if she could play with her sister, Faith.  I texted Faith's grandma and called, but didn't get any replies.  We drive by her house all the time, so I stopped by when I saw they were home.  Grandma was excited to see us and more then happy to arrange a playdate.  This was Monday.  She said Callie could come to their house on Thursday.  I saw her again on Tues, and reaffirmed the playdate for Thurs.  Wednesday morning Callie got up and dressed in her new, very cute outfit.  Then she asked me if she was going to Faith's the next day and I told her yes.  So then she decided to save her new pretty outfit for Thurs, so she could wear it to Faith's.  Thursday morning she gets right up, dresses in her beautiful outfit and asks if it's time to go! It was only 8:30 in the morning so I explained to her that it would be 6 hours at least because Faith was at school. A few minutes later I find her sitting at the dining room table, staring at the clock.  She was literally watching the hands move, waiting for the little hand to be on the 3! Poor little girl.  I set the timer on the stove so that she could see the countdown.  A couple of hours later, she sighs and says "Why this have to take SO long!" I had texted Linda first thing in the morning, asking for a definite time, when I didn't hear back from her I tried to call her about 1pm. No answer. Called around 2, no answer. I had to leave the house at 3 which is when I expected her to go to Faith's (that was our tentative agreement) so I called again, still no answer so I left her a message and told her Callie was at home if she would like to come by and pick her up.  I left to do our baseball practice 'rounds'.  After I left, Callie put her coat on and went out to our driveway and sat down to watch for Faith to come.  And waited, and waited and waited.  I never got a call from Linda and she never came to get her.  Callie sat at the driveway watching for TWO AND A HALF hours! This broke all of our hearts. I cried last night, dad got choked up too and I'm tearing up again as I write this.  This is the 2nd time this has happened.  Callie loves her sister SO much! I don't understand why Linda will set these up and then not show and not call or anything!  I called her several times after I left the house and she never did answer.  The last time I called was 6pm after I saw her car at her house.  No answer, so I had to leave her a message that I can't do this anymore.  I cannot set up these playdates and then have Callie's heart broken in a zillion pieces.  I now can totally understand how kids,whose parents never show, feel.  Broken.  To try and make it better, although nothing can fix it except her sister, I took Callie out for a mommy date.  She got to have McDonalds, which she hasn't had for months, and then we went to Targets $ zone and they had alot of Dora things.  She got to put in the cart anything she wanted. :-) Then she also got a pet shop house.  She was happy but still sad for not seeing Faith.  I sure hope as they get older they can have a relationship. I love you, my sweet Callie girl. I am so, so sorry you have been let down. XOXOXOXO